Sunday, January 1, 2012

The 2011 Best in Brew!!!

What a year 2011 has been for Gab and I.  We traveled to Wyerbacher Brewery in Easton and attended a local Spingfest.  I also hosted an Oktoberfest that would make any beer enthusiast proud.  We hope that this year brings many more fantastic discoveries and less hangovers.  But before we ring in the new year Gab and I wanted to leave our loyal readers a list of our top 5 beers of 2011.

Number 5...

Gab: Weyerbacher - Double Simcoe IPA

Kath: Shipyard Brewing Company-  Imperial Porter (Pugsley's Signature Series)


Number 4...

Gab: Great Lakes - Lake Erie Monster

Kath : Breckenridge Brewery - Vanilla Porter


Number 3...

Gab: Iron Hill Brewery - Ironfish

Kath: Brooklyn Brewery - Black Chocolate Stout

Number 2...

Gab: Dogfish Head - Hellhound On My Ale

Kath: Weyerbacher - Imperial Pumpkin

Number 1...

Gab: Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales - E.S. Bam Hoppy Farmhouse Ale

Kath: Southern Tier - Imperial Pumking


Gab: This was hard for me. We have sampled and enjoyed so many wonderful brews this year, picking just 5 was not so easy. SOI have a few honorable mentions: Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale (SOOOO good), Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA (I was Vigga vigga in about 5 minutes, while on the phone with Kathleen and watching American Horror Story - the perfect cocktail!), and Weyerbacher's Heresy - Maker's Mark barrels make everything better, kinda like bacon.

Kath: This was also hard for me too!!!  I was in love with so many beers last year that I felt like I was a teenager again, thinking I was in love ever other week.  True Story.  As Gab mentioned earlier,  the Samuel Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale was a sneaky seasonal ale.  It was not hyped up but it was incredible.  I also have to give a honorable mention to The Poet by New Holland  Brewing Company, and last Brooklyn Lager by Brooklyn Brewery.  Brooklyn Brewery has made me happy on several occasions.  Wink Wink.
 
Hoppy New Years!!!

Cheers!

~G&K~





No comments:

Post a Comment