Sunday, October 2, 2011

Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales E.S. Bam Hoppy Farmhouse Ale (say that 5 times fast)

E.S. Bam Hoppy Farmhouse Ale 4.7% ABV 750 ml.

This fantastic seasonal beer, brewed by Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales, is a real treat. Just look at that gorgeous color! And the head was so light and creamy, I was tempted to take a spoon to it. Nice and soapy with impressive staying power. I couldn't help but think of my lovely mother-in-law, Beverly, when I tasted this beer. She lives on 5 acres and has 2 horses. She could pour herself a pint of this baby, head down to the barn to muck out the stalls and fill the feed buckets and head back to the house to enjoy a few sips before the head disappeared! I think I might bring her a bottle and see if I'm right, blah ha ha!

Even though this is a hoppy ale, it is relatively mild and can be enjoyed by hop-haters and hop-whores alike. The flavor offers earthy hops, citrus notes, and some wild yeast funkiness. I really enjoyed this beer, it is a fantastic drinking ale, very easy (Gab Buzz Factor of 5) and agreeable to most palates. The price point is a little high for a 750ml bottle - around $11 at my local beer store, but well worth it, in my opinion.

Cheers!
~G~


No comments:

Post a Comment