Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"Buffalo Bill" was a great hunter and brewer...Who knew!

Buffalo Bill's Brewery
Pumpkin Ale - 5.2% ABV

Buffalo Bill's Brewery has successfully bottled a piece of pumpkin pie!  Seriously!  The aroma wafting from the bottle is that of a sweet pumpkin pie laying on your Thanksgiving table!  You CAN drink your pie and eat it too!!!!

When I poured the Pumpkin Ale with a heavy hand it had a crisp white head that dissipated in seconds.  What it left behind was a hazy orange ale that had minimal lacing up the glass.


This beer has fantastic drinkability!  With a relatively low ABV (for Gab & I) and a slightly carbonated beer it did not make you feel like a overgrown buzzed pumpkin sitting on the sofa!  The spices were in total check too.  Just the right amount of cinnamon and nutmeg to off set the sweetness.  In the end it left a sweet taste of brown sugar with notes of pumpkin in your mouth. 

Buffalo Bill's Brewery also has a few more seasonal beers, such as the Imperial Pumpkin Ale (9.8 ABV only in 22oz bottles) and a Blueberry Oatmeal Stout (7.5 ABV).  I may have to get that since I do like a few of the blueberry ales available in the summer.  I also saw there is an Alimony Ale that was made by the brewer for a patron getting a divorce.  He made it extra bitter (70 IBU!!!) with a strong hop flavor.  Ewww...Hops.  I will be leaving that one for Gab to enjoy as I drink my pumpkin pie.

Cheers!
~K~



No comments:

Post a Comment