Sunday, October 16, 2011

Shipyard Pugsley's Signature Series - Smashed Pumpkin' - Not So Smashing.

Shipyard Brewing Company
Pugsley's Signature Series
Smashed Pumpkin - 9% ABV

On an earlier review of Shipyard's Pumpkinhead I mentioned my quest to try
Pugsley's Signature Series - Smashed Pumpkin.   I have liked the Signature Series in the past and I thought the Smashed Pumpkin would not disappoint.  My quest was done in vain.

I knew I was not going to be blown away as soon as I opened the bottle.  I did not pick up on any particular spice...or any spice!  Once poured with a heavy hand the head was about one inch high. The color had a hazy orange hue with dancing bubbles running up the glass. 

According to the bottle's description the beer has a big-bodied beer...not so much in my opinion.  I thought it was on the lighter side and lacked the level of greatness I was expecting.  This beer is not by any means Miller Lite quality but as a craft beer it was a miss. 



Shipyard once again made me want to jump ship!!!  No SHIP!  It was better than the fruity pebble Pumpkinhead but it took on water next to Southern Tier's Pumking.


Cheers!
~K~


No comments:

Post a Comment