Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I'm sorry, is that a turtle in a cow suit? Why yes...Drink More Terrapin!


Terrapin Beer Company
Moo-Hoo - 6% ABV
I have to say, the one thing that micro brews have on the mass produced crap are catchy labels! I have seen a drunk Santa, pinups, hippos, fish with horns, and my favorite is a bad ass dog in prison stripes!  To be honest I sometimes just pick up a bottle to try because of the cool labels and I think Terrapin has people like me in mind or just a strange sense of humor.

So, if my amazing beer enabler (Mike) did not wheel out his ONE and ONLY case right in front of me and did not hand me one, I would have spied the strange bottle myself!  Tell me, who can pass up a bottle with a turtle dressed up as a cow with a sign that reads..."Drink More Terrapin".

Now Coors Light try to beat a turtle in a cow suit with your mountains and you cold label, or is it SUPER COLD.


Maybe if this was the label for Schlitz it would have kept Milwaukee on the map! Oh, and yes that is me in the picture, I am sure some of your suspicions are confirmed now.

Back to the review...


Once I had this chocolate milk stout chilled I poured the very dark brown brew with a heavy hand into my waiting glass.  There was little to almost no head achieved and what was left was a fine ring around the glass.  The aroma was of malt and a sweet milk chocolate. 

My first sip was not what I expected since the smell of sweet chocolate was prominent.  It was not all that sweet but a nice smooth milk stout with chocolate added to the mix.  The body was a little thin compared to the last milk stouts I have had but it was not a bad quality. 

If you are interested in trying this seasonal beer you better get Moo-ving to your nearest beer enabler!  I went back today to get a four pack and there was just ONE left!  The horror!!!!!

Cheers!
~K~




No comments:

Post a Comment