Friday, January 6, 2012

Oktoberfest Lager in the winter...Whaaaa?

Erie Brewing Company
Fallenbock - 7.8% ABV

Last week I had my cousins over for a mini Oktoberfest/Holiday party and they brought over some craft beers to sample as well. One beer that  brought back a twinkle in my eye was Fallenbock,  by Erie Brewing Company.  Oh, and the drunk ram on the bottle made it even more enticing.  Seriously, a beer to knock out a ram is a brew for me!

Once opened, the traditional Oktoberfest Lager had a rich malty scent that made me so wish it was fall again.  The days of pumpkin beers and a wonderful array of beers to choose from, not like now...NOTHING but leftover beer and snow!  Damn it. 

The color was a rich chocolate brown topped with a rather weak head.  Small and only lasted just a few minutes.  What?  Fallenbock had a classic lager body and the taste was of chocolate malts with a crisp finish.  Nicely done, and with a 7.8% ABV I was waiting to be like the ram on the label, happy and on my back.  Blah ha ha...wait.

Cheers!
~K~






No comments:

Post a Comment