Friday, January 6, 2012

My Night With a Yeti

by Jackie M.


I need chocolate. A burly man. And sometimes, some booze. Not necessarily in that order. I think all women do actually. 


*Gents, pay attention here. I've yet to meet a lady that disputes the following theory.* 


I believe that women only need to know two things in life to be happy: 


1. That they're loved. 

2. There's chocolate in the house. 


Seriously. Nothing else matters. Women are all about security, and if we are secure in our knowledge that we are loved and that our pantry is stocked with chocolate, then all is well with the world. But if one of these sacred rules is broken, if there is doubt, then life may as well be over. That being said, it does happen, from time to time, a moment when we ladies feel like the world is ending. So what's a girl to do when she's not feeling the love, and her cupboards are free of that delicious cacao-based manna? Turn to the third (lesser known) part of my theory: If all else fails, booze. I faced just such a dilemma the other night. After suffering another long workday, I came home hoping to find a few little pieces of dark chocolate to help shore up my weakening spirit. But there were none. I searched high and low, but there was nary a morsel of the good stuff in sight. So what did I do? I turned to the bottle. And not just any bottle. I turned to the Yeti


Thankfully this dark beast of a beer didn't disappoint. It's rich, chocolate-y overtones helped stave off one of my cravings, and with an ABV of 9.5%, this Russian Imperial Stout was kind enough to help me forget why I'd been so stressed earlier in the day. Its sweet, rich aroma has notes of caramel and vanilla that mingle together nicely. But its complex flavor is what will immediately capture your attention. It completely engages your focus so that you have to consider its strength, its range, its mystery. Its nuanced flavor starts smooth and ends with a little bite, but it's just a nip, and the overall finish is velvet-smooth. Don't be turned off by the 75 IBU, the edge of bitterness is necessary in order to fully understand and appreciate the rich and sweet, deep comfort that lies at the center of this beer. Like a burly man, this beer is perfect for when you want to snuggle up by the fire and enjoy the deliciousness of being wrapped in something warm and fuzzy. So, ladies, should you find yourself without an ounce of chocolate in your pantry and lacking the sating love that allows us to keep the home fires burning, give the Yeti a go. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment