Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Vanilla Porter...Anyone?

Breckenridge Brewery
Vanilla Porter
4.7% ABV

Since I have been living in a pumpkin patch for the past few weeks I decided to go for a good ole' standby...the porter. I love a good porter that rolls over my taste buds with caramel malts and hints of chocolate. The Breckenridge Vanilla Porter just so happens to be all that and more! 

Breckenridge Brewery & Pub's  original location is in the historic mountain town of Breckenridge, Colorado.  Since 1990 this pub is the only brewery in the town and the company has opened 3 additional locations in Colorado.  Breckenridge has 6 year-round and 4 seasonal brews to offer, all of which are the work of one ski bum who loves to drink good beer after a day on the slopes. 

  The Vanilla Porter has to be one of the best that I have had so far.  The color was just a shade lighter than black and had a very faint cream colored head when poured.  The first taste was bliss.  The Vanilla Porter had a huge array of flavors hitting your pallet with very little carbonation.  I first tasted a caramel maltiness and roasted chocolate. The vanilla was sweet which made it a perfect finish.  The Vanilla Porter is surprisingly light in the ABV department.  Not that this is a bad thing, but with such a robust flavor and rich color I really expected to be knocked out of my Uggs!  Instead, I had a well crafted porter that warmed me up on a chilly evening that left a cheesy grin on my face.  I would have to say this my friends...this is a winner.

Cheers!
~K~

No comments:

Post a Comment