Thursday, September 22, 2011

Are you feeling lucky...PUNK? Hell Yeah!


Dogfish Head Brewery
Punkin Ale
7% ABV

This is brew is as illusive as the Loch Ness Monster and the Yeti...but I caught and drank it before you tucked your kids in bed!  

After chasing this beer for the past month I was scared to open it for the fear of disappointment.  Thank the dear beer gods I was not left holding a bottle and asking...why...why me!  It was all that I wished for and then a little extra! 

This full-bodied brown ale (BTW, I love the Indian Brown Ale too) has organic brown sugar and brewed with pumpkin meat.  Even with a 7% ABV it was incredibly smooth, mildly spicy, and had hint of pumpkin in the background.  I think if you are looking for a seasonal beer without the overwhelming pumpkin flavor or spiciness of nutmeg or cinnamon  go with Dogfish Head Punkin. 

Cheers!
~K~


No comments:

Post a Comment