Saturday, September 24, 2011

Ichabod was NOT the only soul to loose his head...

New Holland Brewing Company
Ichabod Pumpkin Ale
5.5% ABV

Not sure where to begin.  Maybe I should start with UGH!!!  Really...UGH! 

If you have followed our blog you know the pumpkin ales are my obsession.  I have crossed paths with major winners and a loser that made me want to walk the plank.  This, my fellow Brew Lovers, is not a winner.  The label is definitely festive and the price point is appealing.  As soon as I popped the cap off I was concerned.  It did not smell like spices or pumpkin.  Ichabod Ale did not even have any characteristics of the pumpkin ales I have tried.

Then I poured it into my glass and the color was rich and inviting.  With one sip I was wishing I was not invited and thought no wonder Ichabod lost his head!  Not good, my friends...not good.  I am ashamed to admit I had to dump this beer and ask the beer gods to forgive me for my actions.

Ichabod Pumpkin Ale was recommended to me by the guys at my local store and when I told them it was...UGH... they were shocked!  One guy said maybe I got a bad bottle and I should try it one more time.  I may try another beer from New Holland, such as the Poet (Oatmeal Stout), but for now I will let Ichabod ride away with his head and not MINE!

Cheers?
~K~

No comments:

Post a Comment