Friday, July 29, 2011

Great Lakes Lake Erie Monster

Last Monday I was schlepping my kids and running errands during the God-awful heatwave we experienced here in Jersey, and all I could think about was cracking open an ice-cold, delicious beer when I got home. Luckily, I had picked up a few from my LBS (Local Booze Store) the day before. I was in a hoppy sort of mood (as opposed to my usual maltiness), so once I was safely back inside my glorious central air conditioning I grabbed a Great Lakes Lake Erie Monster.

Oh. My. Goodness.
With an ABV of 9.1 and an IBU of 80, it is a luscious heavy-hitter for hopheads. It was 104 degrees that day with a real-feel of 108. I pictured myself standing under a waterfall of this heavenly hoppy-ness.
Or is it hoppy heavenliness?
Anyway, this beer is truly a monster of unfiltered, Imperial India Pale Ale deliciousness. I give it a GBF (Gab Buzz Factor) of 7. I was happy almost instantly!

If you're a hophead like me, try this beer immediately! No excuses! If you don't, I will send this child to your house with a bellyful of Skittles...
Blah ha ha!!

Cheers!
~G~

No comments:

Post a Comment