Monday, July 25, 2011

Brooklyn Lager...I think I Love you!

Brooklyn Lager - Brooklyn Brewery
5.2% ABV

I have been eyeing this catchy green label for quite some time and finally took the plunge.  I had the fantastic Brooklyn Brown Ale back in the spring for the Springfest at the Blue Monkey so I wanted to see if Brooklyn Brewery had another winner in a bottle.  Well, to put it gently, YES...THEY...DO!!!  This American Amber Ale had my taste buds rejoicing!!!  It was smooth, malty, and it had a nice caramel malt finish. 

The Brooklyn Lager is both the flagship beer and an award winner for Brooklyn Brewery.  To achieve this winner the brewery enhances the flavors by "dry-hopping".  I just laughed out loud as I typed that too!     Dry-hopping is the centuries-old practice of steeping the beer with fresh hops as it goes through a long and cold maturation. Dry-hopping is widely used in British beers, and Brooklyn Brewery uses it to make a their Viennese-style beer into an American original.

I was so impressed with this beer and after a long hot week, it was a perfect ending.  Brooklyn Lager can be purchased just about anywhere and is priced very well.  I also saw Brooklyn Brewery had a mixed case to sample their different beers.  I have had two so far and have NOT been disappointed! 

If you do want to get a taste of Brooklyn but not drive far give this lager a whirl!  Give me a shout if you do, we would love to hear from you!

Cheers!
K

No comments:

Post a Comment