Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Winter Warmer that could even warm the Grinch's heart.

Harpoon Brewery
Winter Warmer - 5.5% ABV

What a season for Winter Warmers! Gab and I finally get to review one together. It has been a long time since we were able to sit, cackle, and do what we do best...DRINK!

To really get the full effect of this Winter Warmer I like to rim the glass with some simple syrup, then dip into some cinnamon and sugar.  Once the brew is poured into the dressed glass, the white head rises to the top with flecks of cinnamon. The aroma rising from the amber colored beer is sweet with some spice.  The cinnamon from the beer and from the garnish really takes off.   After the head fades what is left is a gorgeous ambered colored beer with ample carbonation dancing to the top.  It almost brings tears to my eyes because it is such a beauty...sniff sniff.

After my inappropriate response to this stellar specimen, I had to redeem myself...fast!  Must DRINK!!!!  So, I did.  Once the glass reaches my lips the cinnamon and sugar take over and the medium to light bodied beer rolls perfectly over my taste buds.  A sweet taste from the sugar, a spice from cinnamon and nutmeg, then a sweet malty flavor kicks in just before a slight bitter end.  What a list of flavors this beer offers. 

Harpoon's Winter Warmer is a very drinkable beer that even non-beer drinkers can enjoy.  Even though  these people can not be trusted or do not have souls, they may be able to repent by drinking this fine beer. 

Obviously this is a seasonal beer and if you want to get it you must get to stepping NOW!!!!  Last week there were just two cases left in the isle.  Are you sweating and starting to panic?  You should.

Gab : I agree, this is the best winter warmer I've tried. It lacks the heaviness of Iron Hill's and is very drinkable. Perfect for long evenings spent by the fire in the company of best friends. 


Cheers!
K&G


No comments:

Post a Comment