Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pretty Things Babayaga and Guest with Heat

Pretty Things Beer and Ale Project
Babayaga - 7% ABV

Hello boys and girls, I recently had the opportunity to try out Pretty Things "Babayaga" Stout which is their winter seasonal brew.  It is brewed by Pretty Things Ale and Beer Project located in Westport, Massachusetts.  I've tried brews from this place before and I knew before trying it I would more than likely enjoy it...so...I went ahead and bought twelve of them.  
First and foremost, the abv of this stout comes in low at 7%.  I was a bit disappointed at first, but due to the quantity I have, I wasn't too worried.  Even with a heavy pour into a snifter the head was small, dark brown in color, and dissipated quickly.  This brew has a complex smell for me.  I get roasted malts, faint chocolate and alcohol, maybe some oatmeal as well.  The taste is complex as well, I've never tasted anything like this before. You can taste a bit of a smoked flavor along with hints of mocha along with a fruit and nut taste.  A very unique brew to say the least and is very drinkable! 
 This one gets the two hangover up vote especially after drinking three of them a few nights ago.  Overall, this is a very drinkable stout and I highly recommend trying one or three.  Also, after my initial "tasting" I had the great pleasure of having this on tap at a nearby saloon.  This beer tasted just as good on tap as it did bottled.  


Pictured along with my brew is my evil Glock model 21SF chambered in .45ACP.  The "SF" after the model number indicates this is a short frame model as compared to their Glock 21 which has a larger frame.  Glock was founded in the early 1980's by Gaston Glock who is an Austrian engineer.  The pistol's frame is made of polymer which is considerably lighter than steel.  Although Glock was not the first to manufacturer a polymer framed pistol it was the first successful one with their Glock 17.  Glock pistols come in various sizes and calibers and are carried by many professionals world wide as well as a popular weapon for the shooting enthusiast.  Glock pistols are simple to operate and easy to maintain.  Whether you want something for range use or a compact weapon to conceal on your person for self defense a Glock could certainly meet your needs.  Anyway, just like with various brews...there are various guns to try out to find your personal likings.  I personally prefer a 1911 but a Glock will work for me as well.  

Cheers!
~Ryan~




No comments:

Post a Comment