Thursday, May 5, 2011

Winter Wünder fail...

So it is Thursday and I (Kath) soooo should be cleaning or doing something productive but I ended up sitting here wanted to shed a little more light on who "we" are...well what we are about. Are ya picking up what I am laying down? If not, get to stepping!

First I so would like to tell ya a little about our banner. Cool huh? Yes we tried all those beers. And yes we did in one day. Oh and yes it was a good time!! Shazaam! I wish I could say we liked all the beers, but the one I will tell you about was terrible! Yeah, I said it - terrible. Ya ready to find out which one?

Winter Wünder by Philadelphia Brewing Co. From the label:

Winter Wünder is the perfect wassailing ale, brewed with a goodly amount of traditional holiday fare - plums, dates, cinnamon, allspice, clove, and a sprinkle of ginger all combine to lift your spirits and warm your demeanour... Winter Wünder is best enjoyed with the warmth of a good tavern, in the clutch of good friends new or old. Winter doesn't seem so long after all.

Sounds interesting right? NO WAY!!!! Notice I highlighted CLOVE. That is all we tasted. I was looking for a nice Winter Warmer and all I got a was a Winter Bummer! It is no WÜNDER they had a ton on the shelf too! I can not even give it a KBF! I did not finish the few onces I poured for myself. It was a sad day for me.

Gab: This was not one of my faves, either. Not even close! It would be the longest winter of my life if I was stuck with this chick! The label is deceiving, first of all. Everyone loves redheads, and this woman is lovely and beguiling. We popped the cap off of this sucker, took a sip, and immediately felt betrayed. This was a taste-and-tosser for me! In my opinion, spiciness should not overwhelm a beer. Back to the drawing board, Red!

Philadelphia Brewing Co. does have many fine beers that we will be reviewing in the weeks to come. Winter Wünder was unfortunately the first that we have sampled. We are also looking forward to meeting them and sampling their brews at Springfest 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment