Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sea Dog Blue Paw Wild Blueberry Wheat Ale


To celebrate the first warm day in a while, we cracked open a couple of bottles of this light, refreshing wheat ale from Sea Dog. At 4.7% APV, it is light in every sense of the word. With a hint of Maine's wild blueberries, it is a perfect beer for Summer.

Gab:  I did enjoy the first several sips, but I think I would prefer an ale with less blueberry. Like, maybe zero. I DO however think this beer is a must for barbeques and parties. Every crowd contains a few Hop Haters, and they will love this beer. Crisp, smooth, and easy to drink. My GBF (Gab Buzz Factor, in case you forgot...) is a 0. I only had one, though!

Kath: Since I AM a Hop Hater I did enjoy this beer!  It was light, crisp, and I did not think the blueberry was overwhelming.  I could sit and sip this all day long while taking in the summer sun. 

2 comments:

  1. I would actually like to try this beer.
    I'm not a huge beer drinker but I like the fruity part of it. I might like it! I love Sam Adams Black Cherry. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, Christine! You can find it at Total Wine in Cherry Hill, and I believe at Wine Works (also in CH). Thanks for your comment! :)

    ReplyDelete