Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hey, Guess What?

Hey guys, we are trying something new here. Well, not really, we've kind of been doing this for years already. You know, drinking and bitching and being us. A few months ago we figured you may as well benefit from our ridiculousness, so that brings us to our new endeavor: A blog about beer, booze, bitchiness and life as we all know it. You can visit us for beer reviews, Wino Wednesdays, and a few surprises in between. We guarantee it won't be boring. And we promise you'll never know what we'll try next. You will be hearing from both of us, Gab and Kath, as we give you our balls-to-the wall true opinion on what we sample and experience.

Without further ado, we'd like to tell you about Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter. Described as  "Dark, Malty and Mysterious", we do not exactly like-y this the same. With an alcohol content of 9.2% and an IBU of 85, it is not for everyone.


Gab: The first sip offered a good deal of bitterness and malt that mellowed after the third sip. I REALLY like this beer. Full-flavored and not too heavy, but I would not drink this with food. Maybe a nice, sharp cheddar. I would rate this a GBF (Gab Buzz Factor) of 7. It hit my head after the 2nd sip, happiness all around.

Kath: Yeah, I was not so tickled pink as Gab was over this beer. At first I was like uhhh...WTF. But after the second swig I was ok with the malt action.  I do not think it would be a beer I could drink all day but maybe a pint or 3 would be sufficient. My KBF (Kath Buzz Factor - in case you did not get Gab's explanation) it was like a 4.  Apparently my sister had a grape today and she got jacked up fast. NO COMMENT!

Gab rebuttal: Okay. This is like the 3rd beer we've sampled and I am ready to raid my fridge and make all kinds of mistakes! I'm a wino at heart, so if a beer hits me like a Sauv Blanc that walks in boots and is yummy, then I am happy. 'Nuff said.

That's all for today. What have you guys tried today? Let us know in the comments. And if you agree/disagree with our opinions of the Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter, let us know, too! If you'd like us to try/review one of your faves, give us a hollah!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome review! Sounds like this is going to be my new favorite 'BLOG' !!

    ReplyDelete