Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wino Wednesday...


Gab:  This Wednesday I'd like to tell you about my very favorite red wine -
Agua de Piedra Malbec (Mendoza, Argentina 13.4% ABV):

The label reads: “Agua de Piedra is the nickname for our vineyards. Situated at the foot hills of the Andes the soil is so stony that we wonder how the vines find the water to survive.” Reading this made me love this wine before it even touched my lips. This struggle against adversity yields a most excellent result. Not only is it an exceptional wine, but when you hold the bottle of thick-walled glass, you will swear to yourself that it bears the heft of a $30+ bottle of wine.

Spiced red plum flavors combined with silky-smooth texture. Delicious. Ideal for sitting around the fire-pit out back with your favorite people. I enjoy a glass (or two) while I’m cooking and listening to my Buena Vista Social Club station on Pandora. The price point is CRAZY for the value here! You can grab this for $9.99 at Wegmans (for local peeps), $12.99 most everywhere else. If you love big reds, please try this, and then tell me how much you love it.


Kath: For my pick on Wino Wednesday is my favorite decadent red wine. 

 Chocolate Shop - (12.5% ABV)  
Since I do not drink red wine I was a little hesitant to try this but my lovely neighbor came over with a bottle and now I am HOOKED!!!!! It is like licking a candy bar and getting a buzz!!! You really can not go wrong!
I have seen this bottle of goodness in most local liquor stores at a sweet price of $9.99-$10.99. 

The label reads: "Chocolate Shop, the ultimate "Chocolate Lover's Wine" is a deep, ruby red wine blended with rich, velvety chocolate. Inviting aromas of black cherry and dark chocolate combine in the glass and continue on the palate surrounded by hints of cocoa powder. Nuances of sweet red wine lingers on the smooth finish. Chocolate Shop provides you with an indulgent wine experience like no other."

I know, the label is like a dreamy love letter!  It had me at rich velvety chocolate! Blah ha ha ha!!! Maybe the label will have you too!  Give me your opinion when you take the plunge!

Cheers!
K&G








2 comments:

  1. Gab: I agree with you about Agua de Piedra. This is one of my faves, too. You know I love my Reds, but this one is always at the top of my shopping list!
    Kath: Hello my name is Jean and I'm a chocoholic. Okay, now that I've admitted my weakness for chocolate, I have got to taste this wine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jean! So glad you are admitting your dependance on chocolate! You will LOVE this wine! Like I said before, I do not like red wine and I am not a big wine drinker but this wine is in my dreams! I saw it at Total Wine for $9.99 so get a bottle for this weekend. Let us know what you think.

    ReplyDelete