Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Poet whispered sweet nothings to me

New Holland Brewing Company
The Poet - 5.2% ABV

The last time I tried a New Holland product I lost my head along with Ichabod.  The Ichabod Pumpkin Ale  was not even drinkable!  Seriously, I was taught that wasting a beer was a sin...well I went to confession and had to say 10 Hail Marys because I had to dump it down the drain.  I still get goose bumps thinking of the experience.  So, trying another brew was not on my top ten lists, until I saw it on the shelf mocking me!  There it was, in my favorite liqueur store looking like it needed to be savoured.  I guess you can figure out what happened next. 



I flipped off the cap and  was mesmerized by the fragrance seeping from the bottle.  It was a sweet oatmeal smell with a hint of chocolate.  Just the smell alone made me drool but it got even BETTER!  Once poured into a glass the color was a very dark brown with a gorgeous beige head.  The first sip was like diving into a a creamy dreamy milkshake with carbonation and let's not forget alcohol.  The body on this beer was full and complex.  My taste buds were getting smacked around with all different flavors while the fullness of the beer lingered in my mouth.  The lacing was all over the glass and did not start to slide down for at least a few minutes.  What an all around fantastic oatmeal stout. 

Cheers!
~K~




No comments:

Post a Comment