Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cool Labels...Great Beer

Smuttynose Robust Porter - 5.7% ABV

Kath: Since I have been reviewing fruity ales I wanted to go back to one of my favorite types of beer.  The PORTER.  I trolled the craft beer isle until my eyes were intrigued by the unusual label and name.  If you have read anything in our blog you know I enjoy a good porter and low and behold...I found one!!!!  

I was not disappointed when I opened this gem.  It was mahogany in color. Super smooth going down and had a chocolaty finish. I was in a porter's paradise. 

Gab: I love this beer. A little malt, a little cocoa, lots of gorgeous, rich color. Fantastic porter! I would give you a GBF but Kathleen made such a wonderful salad for lunch I was a little full when we uncapped it!

If you're looking for a very drinkable porter (and by drinkable, I mean the lower ABV), this is your beer. Enjoy!

Cheers!

~K & G~

No comments:

Post a Comment