Friday, June 3, 2011

Blue Point Blueberry Ale

Blue Point Brewing Company Blueberry Ale 4.6% ABV

Kath: This refreshing ale is a perfect for sipping by the beach or just in your yard. 

I first had this little slice of blueberry pie in a glass at the Springfest with Gab.  I saw the interesting beer tap and had to see the man behind the curtain!  That man was Gary Rosen and he was super friendly and he was just like his business card read...All Around Nice Guy!

After I sampled this a few more times I was on a mission to get more of this ale.  I sent Gab on a treasure hunt and as always she came up BIG!!!  In the meantime I was hitting the internet to read up on the Blueberry Ale.  This is what I found...

First brewed in 1998, this delicious golden ale quickly became a year-round favorite. Our fresh Blueberry Ale offers an unusual twist on brewing that turns out to be a wonderful blend of fresh blueberries matched with a distinctive, thirst quenching ale. We carefully add 732 pounds of fresh, plump and juicy, handpicked, USA Northern Highbush Blueberries to every batch. Even before your first sip of Blueberry Ale, a strong, refreshing sweet fruit aroma emanates from the bottle, kicking your taste-buds into overdrive.

I will have to say the aroma is VERY strong but the taste is not overpowering.  What is also NOT overpowering is the ABV.  It comes in at a low 4.6%.  I am used to my porters and stouts coming in at 8% or higher so this is quite a change for me, but NOT a bad change.  It also was priced pretty well.  Gab grabbed me the last two 6 packs for $7.99 each.

If you like blueberries and love beer I suggest you give this ale a chance.  If you do find it...LET ME KNOW!!!  It is a hard little number to get!

Cheers!
~K~











No comments:

Post a Comment