Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hipp-O-Lantern - River Horse

Hipp-O-Lantern
River Horse Brewing Company
9% ABV

How could I not try this beer with the catchy label and title?  Hipp-O-Lantern Imperial Pumpkin is made with molasses, whole spices, and of course pumpkin.  When I opened it I could pick up the spices nutmeg, cinnamon, and maybe some clove.  The scent of pumpkin was there but faint.  It was well balanced and smooth.  I will have to say it was not as good as Weyerbacher's Imperial Pumpkin but I will definitely buy this again.

River Horse Brewing Company is another fine local brewer located in Lambertville, NJ along the banks of the Delaware River.  The Brewery is opened for samples Friday through Sunday from 12-5pm.
Tours on Friday are self guided and Saturday/Sunday are guided at 1,2,3 and 4.  I may have to declare a road trip real soon!

Cheers!
~K~



 

No comments:

Post a Comment